Info

Dental Drill Bits with Sandy Pardue

Sandy Pardue of Classic Practice Resources discusses the issues facing the dental practice owner of today. This podcast show features the movers and shakers of the dental industry changing the shape of how we do business. Sandy is an energetic and highly competent lecturer and consultant in the area of dental practice management. She is Director of Consulting with Classic Practice Resources and has over 35 years of “hands on” experience in the dental field. In addition to being a practice developer, Sandy has presented workshops to dental teams at major dental conferences across the country. DENTISTRY TODAY magazine has named her a Leader in Consulting every year for over a decade. Sandy is a regular contributor on Dentaltown.com message boards and has been a featured writer for DENTALTOWN Magazine and DENTISTRY TODAY Magazine and blog.
RSS Feed Subscribe in Apple Podcasts
Dental Drill Bits with Sandy Pardue
2023
February
January


2022
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January


2021
December
November
October


2020
May
March
February
January


2019
March
February


2018
November
May
March


2017
September
June
May
April
March
January


Categories

All Episodes
Archives
Categories
Now displaying: October, 2022
Oct 26, 2022

There’s a shocking statistic that Sandy mentions in this episode which is: 1.6 million people are changing dentists and 25%-50% patients are lost over a 5 year period. This means we MUST work on our attrition, retaining these patients! 

 

In this episode Sandy tells us the 3 main reasons why we lose patients and how we can stop making these major mistakes. She also gives us a system on what our team should do to make sure our attrition rate is good. We also discuss and talk about scripts on what we should ask our patients to make sure their experience is always above and beyond!

Oct 19, 2022

You know what? You shouldn’t even call them “performance reviews” anymore! In this episode Sandy lets us know exactly what we should do with the “one on one” meetings we have with our team members. Meeting one on one with team members is always a good thing.

 

Sandy tells us how we should call them a “one on one” and bring the employee’s:

  • Attendance record
  • Statistics
  • Ask them “how do you think it’s going”?
  • Involve the whole team

 

She breaks each one of these things down and dives into specifics on how we should handle every point. Another good thing to keep in mind is we should never tie “one on ones” or performance reviews with raises! Listen to this episode to understand why!

Oct 12, 2022

If you haven’t heard “How to Handle “Inter-Office wars” which was the episode before this one, please go do so! It got so much feedback! Because of all the questions we received, Sandy decided to answer those questions and do a part two!

The 2 most popular things that people contacted Sandy after the previous episode was:

  1. What to do if you are new to the office and you witness “inter-office wars”/ what do you do if you are a team member watching on the sidelines “inter-office war” happening? What should you do? 
  2. Team members complaining to the doctor or gossiping to the doctor. Trying to get to the doctor on their side. 

In this episode Sandy dives deeper on these two scenarios and also shows you how to handle them from an employee perspective and a practice owner's perspective.

Oct 5, 2022

Are you experiencing gossip, negativity, conflicts between your team, dishonesty, and employees always shifting the blame to other employees? This episode will help! 

 

20% of all workers are unhappy with their jobs! This means that 80% are trying to get along with their workers and the other 20% are sabotaging that relationship! A lot of this dissatisfaction doesn’t have to do with the job itself, but it’s with the worker’s attitudes. 

 

One thing Sandy has observed over the decades of handling employee conflicts and “inter-office wars” is that the more organized a practice is, the more the agreements that are in place, the less “inter-office wars” happen! In this episode Sandy gives us the definition of what “inter-office wars” means, how this is occurring in many offices today (either the front office doesn't get along with the back office, or someone on the team keeps gossiping about another team member, etc.) and she tells us exactly how to handle it!

1